The whole school family follows the aims and ethos of Stormont School as below so that we all have the same vision and would encourage parents to share this with their daughter.
- Nurture happy, confident girls who are effective communicators
- Challenge each girl to meet her full potential, rewarding effort as well as achievement
- Develop self-confidence, self-esteem, self-discipline and independence
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum with support or extension meeting the needs of girls of all different abilities
- Inspire and challenge through high quality education securing a foundation for further development and to reach their full potential
- Provide equal opportunities in a friendly, safe environment with effective working relationships where everyone feels valued
- Understand the importance of a healthy lifestyle
- Encourage well-mannered, courteous girls who respect the views and needs of others
- Instill a sense of pride in and respect for their school, their community and country
- Prepare the girls for the next stage in their educational journey to persist and be determined
The school welcomes girls regardless of faith and through the Assembly and Religious Education programmes strongly supports the importance and value of religious belief (and culture) and moral behaviour in sympathy with British Values.
Our Golden Rules are those by which we all want Stormont girls to follow and enjoy their time with us which are set out below. They are reminded of these in everything they do.
- Always follow instructions straight away
- Be polite at all times and show good manners
- Care for everyone and everything
- Do your best, and join in